The Flying Dutchman
Two evenings ago the hostess at Idiartekoborda B and B said that a guest had just arrived on bicycle and she had to drive him to a restaurant in the village for dinner. It was understandable since the nearest place to eat was over two miles away, the road leading to the B and B was quite steep, and he had already spent the day riding over mountains I told her I would drive him to a restaurant and have dinner with him. It turns out he spoke very good English and was a vegetarian to boot. So, having considerable bicycling vittles in my larder I said I would prepare dinner for both of us in the B&B's communal kitchen. Being no stranger to the best foods to consume for long distance bicycling (I did one across the state of Massachusetts long ago) I told him I would prepare a dinner of carbohydrates. A half hour latter we sat down to a plate mounded with boiled potatoes, a huge salad, baguette, and a large plate of sliced fruit for dessert. He is r...
Comments
Post a Comment